Tuesday, September 1, 2009

1Sept2009 - Day 26

Ah, the first day back to work after a long and glorious 3 day weekend. It's always tough. I always miss my baby girl all day long. Nothing exciting at work, but it wasn't too slow, so I felt productive and busy.
Adam called this morning and we talked for awhile, which was really nice because I've missed the last two calls. He's finally where he's going to be. It's quiet, violence wise, from what he says. He says the unit that was there for the last year said that it wasn't a lot of activity at all. That makes me feel a bit relieved. The building that they are staying in is a super old condemned building that was fixed and retro-fitted with air conditioning. He says that it is in such bad shape that I wouldn't even walk in there. Adam's pretty tough, so for him to say that he has trouble sleeping because he's afraid of the camel spiders crawling on him...it must be bad. He said that they have indoor plumbing (a plus!) and the water in the bathroom is potable (drinkable)(another rare plus), except that the building is so dirty he asked for ajax! He says that there are spiderwebs and cobwebs everywhere. I don't understand if the unit they are relieving didn't sleep there or what. I can't imagine they wouldn't have cleaned it.
(side note: I just googled camel spiders. They are wicked nasty looking. And apparently, nocturnal. His fears aren't unfounded.) Take it from someone who literally pees herself when confronted with a large spider that wants to kill me, I totally understand it. I sent him raid, and lots and lots of cleaning supplies. Poor thing. Well, I'll send whatever spider-killing equipment, and chemicals that he asks for!
Taylor's cute little self was blowing kisses with her hand to everyone behind us in line at the commissary. I didn't really think it was weird until I thought about it afterwards. I don't know if it's something I should encourage, her blowing kisses to strangers. Adult, male strangers. I know she's too young to get it, but it makes me a tad uncomfortable. She also discovered this foot in the bathtub today sticking out of the bubbles. It was hilarious, watching her grab at this foot and try to pull it out of the water. It was stuck, of course. She didn't realize, either, that it was hers. Too cute.
I'm getting the "I-must-go-outside-right-now" eyes from Sadie.
It felt great to talk to Adam, I feel a bit relieved. A bit lighter. A bit more relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment