Tuesday, September 8, 2009

8Sept2009 - Day 33

Countdown to Alaska departure: 2 days, 18 hours, 53 minutes...52, 51...lol
Today was like a recovery drink after a crazy workout. Like, I was busy enough to stretch my legs; but not too crazy. I thought it would be really awkward at Darina's after yesterday's debacle; but everything was ok. This will be short, because I have to transfer the large folded pile of clothing, all the snacks, and a few toys and toiletries to actual suitcases. I can't believe the cruise is here already. I'm nervous, and excited. In order to alleviate my nervousness, I will share my "what if" list. (side note: According to my mother, I've been this way since I was little...always wondering what would happen if...)
What if...
1. Taylor gets away from me, runs into an elevator as it's closing, runs out of it as it opens onto the deck, and falls overboard before anyone on the elevator realizes she's by herself?
2. Taylor refuses to sleep, and is totally uncomfortable in the cabin, forcing me to go "to bed" at 8pm every night?
3. There are no babysitters available from the front desk, forcing me to go "to bed" at 8pm every night?
4. Everyone on the ship cringes whenever they see her, and she obliges them with her newly discovered talent of screaming?
5. I don't pack enough....shoes, clothes, warm clothes, cool clothes, underwear, diapers, lip gloss, money!!!
6. I forget our passports, the pack and play, to unplug the coffee pot, the camera, to lock the front door?
7. Taylor is on her worst behavior the entire trip?
8. She starts teething, like she always seems to do when we are on vacation?
9. one or both of us gets sea sick?
10. She drives dad and susan crazy?
lol
I feel a little better, but as I was writing more things just kept popping into my head. I just need to relax. This is vacation, not stresscation. Now, onto packing. ::shudder::

No comments:

Post a Comment