Sunday, September 6, 2009

6Sept2009 - Day 31

Today, I am faced with the daunting task of packing for Alaska. UGH! I hate packing for trips. I used to be ok with it. Now, I am filled with anxiety. I feel like Adam does such a better job. There is so much to pack, so many outfit and shoe decisions to make. It's very overwhelming. Plus, Susan told me to try to pack light. I don't even know where to begin to do that. On the plus side, I found a red cardigan for over my black formal dress, discovered the earrings that are red that I have from Sabrina's wedding, and figured out how to do evening makeup. I practiced makeup today while Taylor was asleep. The fuschia eye shadow wasn't for me. I wanted so badly for it to be for me, but alas. It was not. Currently, I am wrestling with what to pack for myself. I think Taylor will be easier. I don't know if I'm bringing too many pairs of shoes; but I get really anxious when I think about bringing less. What if I am wearing my black lounge pants and want to run down to eat breakfast on the lido deck? I can't very well wear my north face shoes that are brown and orange. But, I have to bring those for any excursions that might require hiking or walking through widernessy stuff. (That's what they're for. Who am I to banish them to the closet because I need black tennis shoes to wear around the cruise ship?) It's almost appalling to me that this is my biggest problem today. I feel spoiled; but honestly, I can feel my blood pressure rising. I think I just need to go upstairs and tackle the task. I can always re-pack or re-organize later this week. I think that packing light, in all its glorious simplicity, is just not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment