Wednesday, September 9, 2009

9Sept2009 - Day 34

Nine Nine Nine! All the radio stations all day have been saying that over and over again with a hitler accent. Ugh. Over it! I can't believe that the big departure day is upon us! Oh, so I ordered a coat from eddiebauer.com and checked 2 day shipping. This was Friday. Well, they didn't process my order until Tuesday, shipped it Tuesday for it to arrive tomorrow. Before 430. Why would I do 2 day shipping if it was going to take 4 days to process the order?? I sent an email complaint, and low and behold, I got a response today (I sent the complaint last night) and they explained why there was a delay (the holiday weekend) and refunded the shipping cost to me. Yay! I am shocked at the efficient, and adequate customer service. I will definitely not hesitate to do business with eddie bauer again...not like the Pottery Barn debacle with Taylor's furniture. Oh, if they didn't have such beautiful merchandise, I would start an I hate pottery barn website!
So, somehow I've managed to load a large suitcase, a small suitcase, the large stroller (for Taylor's and my comfort during the trip), her carseat, five packages to send to Adam, my backpack, Taylor's backpack (really, I wear it. It's a diaper bag), Sadie's folded up cage, the large bin of litter for Simba, a bag of pet goodies and still have room on one side of the backseat and both front seats clear! My car rocks.
Tomorrow is looking pretty hectic (yet enjoyable!). I have to load us all (including the cat, who is quite the reluctant car traveller) into the car, drop Taylor to Darina's, take the packages to the post office, drop the pets to the Delmos, go to BJ's and drop off the newsletter to Tom, meet Sabrina for a mani/pedi, go back and get Taylor, pick up Rylee and head to the city. Whew. Then, dinner, Taylor to sleep, drinks with Dad, Susan and the Delmos! We are going to go to Amber, in Belltown. I've heard it's a must see from several people. The drink menu online is crazy! There are like fifty martinis I'd like to try. At $10 a piece...well, you do the math. Maybe I'll just try one or two.
While I may not be able to type in my blog every night on the ship, I will be typing it up on Susan's laptop so that I can just put it together when I get home. I can't wait to figure out how to put pictures on here. Well, you can always look at them on facebook!!!!
To a wonderful vacation, salud!

No comments:

Post a Comment