Sunday, September 20, 2009

10Sept2009 - Day 35

Every time I get a manicure and pedicure, I think to myself that I should do it much more often. I love sitting in the chair, catching up on gossip magazines, having someone rub my feet...and the end result: beautiful toes and soft, pampered feet! Working on my feet all day, I have so much appreciation for a good pedicure and foot massage!
Today was departure from home, to Seattle, day. We went to stay at the Fairmont Olympic Hotel in Seattle for the night before we depart for the cruise tomorrow. For dinner, Rylee, Sabrina and Delmo joined us. Susan, her father and Susan's friend, Donna went with Susan's father to dinner. He is getting along in years, and doesn't fair well at large tables where he can't hear much. He's hard of hearing, so keeping up with the conversation is too much of a challenge for him. So dad, myself, the Delmos, Riley and Taylor proceeded to walk around near the hotel to find some dinner. We ended up at Wild Ginger, which was wildy innappropriate for Taylor. She had a difficult time with the sitting for a long time, and was a bit fussy. We made it through, and I vowed never to bring her there again. The potstickers were great; the salmon satay was not. Afterwards, it was back to the hotel so that Taylor could get tucked in with Riley and the rest of us were going out for some drinks. The area surrounding the hotel turned out to be a little too bourgeois for us. Mostly it was wine bars, and the air in the rooms was super stuffy. So, we hopped a cab to amber, which was recommended to me by several people. It turned out to be the right spot for us, despite the singing Jack Johnson-esque guy who was a touch to loud for normal conversation. We had a good time, anyway. Dad and I split a pitcher of mojitos. After Amber, it was time for the rents to turn in; so they hopped a cab back to the hotel and we walked across the street to another one of the bars. It had a dance floor, full of mostly drunk dancers. There were a lot of people dressed up, as if they'd just come from a wedding. They were also smashed, and a few of the guys were a bit aggresssive. It wasn't too bad, though. We did notice, though, a table of two guys who seemed a bit sketchy. A drunk girl walked by, presumably from the wedding party judging from her dress, and they said "isn't this your beer?" gesturing to a half-full corona. She started to pick it up, but I tapped her on the shoulder and told her that it wasn't her beer and that she shouldn't drink it. She wasn't the first girl they tried to give it to. They tried it on Sabrina and I a bit later. It was creepy. Just another reason that I love being married. And why I don't ever set my drink down in a bar like that!
A cab ride later, we were back to our luxurious hotel to sleep off our buzzes...

No comments:

Post a Comment