Sunday, September 20, 2009

18Sept2009 - Day 43

It was a great cruise, and I know there are tons of things I am forgetting:
the captain and how he and the officers hung out in the crow's nest bar all the time, me getting embarrassed and leaving the dining room almost in tears one night because of Taylor's and Dad's behavior, Susan's father and his involuntary mouth movements, Dad and Taylor bonding and playing with her toys, how their relationship changed in the course of a week and her becoming comfortable enough to crawl into his lap, and he looking as though he really did enjoy it (oh, it makes me misty to think of it!), how susan was so wonderful and let me sleep in a couple of days and took taylor, how she'd be at the playpen and comforting taylor in the middle of the night before i could even be out of my bed, how donna was just fantastic and patient with taylor...
It was a tremendous trip, and my favorite part was being with my family. Rarely, because we live so far away, do we get to spend a week together without having to run all over hell and creation trying to squeeze in as much time with various relatives as we can. I loved it, and would do it all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment