Monday, September 28, 2009

27Sept2009 - Day 51

Ugh. So, as I was finishing last night's blog...nausea crept over me. I thought it was nothing, so I went to bed. It was nausea that reminded me of the motion sickness that I felt the first day and a half of the cruise. I went to sleep, only to be awoken (awakened?) at about 12:30am running to the bathroom to throw up. Then again at 1:30, and 2:30, and sometime during the 3am hour...and then there was no more left to throw up. But still, again at 4something, 5 something, and 6 something I ran to the toilet. I remember hugging it, clinging to it really. At some point, I am pretty sure I puked on my hair. I also think I was laying on the bathroom floor directly in a small tumbleweed of cat hair. It was all pretty wretched. I texted and called the Delmos sometime in the early morning asking, almost begging them to come get Taylor around 7 or 8 am for me. I knew there would be no way I could function, let alone care for another human being. Besides getting zero sleep, I felt like I was going to vom every time I stood up.
And thank you thank you Delmos. Sabrina came, almost uncannily perfect in her timing, just as Taylor was waking up. She took her, and I went back to sleep. Until Adam called. Our conversation was brief, as I was on death's doorstep. Then mom called. Then Adam's mom called. I didn't answer. I just needed sleep. I woke up sometime shortly after noon, and hobbled into the shower to wash the vomit out of my hair. Shockingly, I didn't have to throw up again; but feeling totally dehydrated and terrified to drink anything, I sipped a tiny bit of water. Talking to mom confirmed that I needed to leave and (gulp) drive to go get some coke to settle my belly. Apparently, keeping a few cans in the fridge is something I am now supposed to do at all times. (Another thing that is not in the manual.) So I manage to get to the gas station, looking I'm sure a hot mess. I called Delmo to let him know that I'd be over.
I had packed my things for the night, as I was pretty sure we'd be going to Taylor's class in the morning. I figured that since I hadn't puked again, I was safe to assume the worst was over. I grabbed two liter sized bottles of coca cola classic. (I still prefer cans, but they didn't have any) Just as I was about to leave, something caught my eye.
Jack in the Box had pumpkin spice milkshakes. Oh, the sweet temptation. I decided to get one. I'd take my chances. Besides, milk always settled my belly when I was hungover when I was younger. I grabbed a small sized shake, and was on my way.
In the car, I managed a few swallows of the milkshake. It was ridiculously sweet. No more of that for me. Craving was satisfied, anyway. Arriving at the Delmos, Sadie and a few liters of coke in tow, I heard her before I even got to the door. She was whining. She was fussy. She was punky pants. Poor Delmo; he said she was punky pants all day. I knew she probably wasn't feeling great, and that she was definitely teething. So, we rested awhile, then took a bath. Sabrina arrived from work, with the baby orajel and infant motrin drops that I'd requested. Upon administering the orajel, she grimaced, cried out and then was slightly placated. I think the numbing feeling scared her a bit. She drank a bit of her bottle and fell into a peaceful slumber. I rejoined the Delmos downstairs, and we watched the Cleveland show, Family Guy, and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Afterwards, I went upstairs and fell into a peaceful slumber.

No comments:

Post a Comment