Sunday, September 20, 2009

19Sept2009 - Day 44

So, Brian (Sabrina's brother) was visiting them while I was on the cruise. Today was his last full day in town. It was so great to see him! He looked as though he'd lost a bit of weight since the last time I'd seen him. He was on leave before he goes to Germany, his new duty station, on the 1st. We went to Seattle for the day, the Delmos, Brian, Taylor and I. We started our day at the Woodland Park Zoo, which was by far and away the BEST zoo I have ever been to. Sabrina and Delmo have been to the San Diego Zoo and they, too liked this one better. It was huge, first of all. The weather was chilly and rainy, which seemed to bring all the animals out. The enclosures were amazing. It didn't smell, and the habitats were huge, and full of water features that were impeccably clean. We didn't have time to see every exhibit, but we will definitely be back. It was well worth the $16.50 that it costs. Taylor was free, and she was worth her admission price. lol She was in awe of some of the larger animals. When the 485lb gorilla came to sit by the glass and was only inches from us eating leaves from a branch, it was surreal. The penguin habitat, which are usually notoriously smelly, was clean and beautiful. They were swimming in a school? or pack or whatever, almost as though in a race. Occasionally, one would stop and flap around near us. It was great. We had an amazing time, and got lots of great pictures.
Afterwards, we went to city center to the Ride the Ducks tour. In half boat, half tour bus we were carted and narrated around Seattle, then onto Lake Union. It was a blast, and the driver played music and Taylor, bundled in her hat and mittens, danced and sang with all of us.
We decided on dinner at Buca di Beppo. As soon as we walked in, the smell hit me. It was an overpowering smell of garlic. It made me immediately hold my breath. I did not like it. As dinner began, I got feverish and then nauseous. I could hardly eat, and by the end of the dinner was sure I was going to throw up. We left, and the fresh air seemed to help. Given my state of nausea, Brian drove us home. I started to feel better on the way home. After we dropped them off, I drove Taylor and I home (her fast asleep) and after taking Sadie out, immediately fell into bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment