Friday, September 25, 2009

25Sept2009 - Day 49

Today does not feel like the beginning of the weekend. The other day when I went to pick Taylor up from Darina's, she waved goodbye, told me goodbye to me and turned away to play some more. When I attempted to pick her up to take her to the car, she threw a fit. I believe I discussed this previously. I believe I understood. I believe my feelings weren't hurt.
Well, today as soon as she saw me, she started to cry and reach for Darina. I still get it. But, I think I prefer the enthusiasm she used to have when she saw me. She used to get so excited to see me, and run to me and want to pull me all around to show me what was going on there, to share toys...I wonder if she'll ever be excited to see me again?
After work, which was busy enough to keep me occupied for the day, I went to get her and the usual routine ensued. In the car, I couldn't tell if there would be a nap or not. There wasn't, so we both took Sadie for a walk and got the mail. Inside, I prepared dinner and started her out with some mandarin orange wedges while she waited. She also enjoyed some Phineas and Ferb on Disney Channel. I noticed, as I sat down with my dinner, that she hadn't even touched one of the slices of fruit. Very unlike her. I reasoned that she'd had a late snack, and as it was only 5:30, that she wasn't hungry. She confirmed my thought by reaching for me, and attempting to get out of the chair. Just as I had the tray removed, and was unbuckling her - it happened.
She let out a small wail, leading me to believe she just wanted to get up, but instead a horror movieesque amount of vomit came out of her mouth and onto her, the chair, and the floor. I didn't know what to do, so I tried to get her up quicker, and then she did it again! I've never seen so much vomit. Let alone, tried to catch it. Or from such a small person. Or without any sort of verbal warning. Or other symptom. It was real puke, too. Not cute baby puke. I'm talking violent spewing of a massive amount of chunky liquid. In case you were wondering, yes. It was extremely traumatizing. I grabbed her up, holding her away from me (which killed me, because I wanted to comfort and cuddle her but she was covered in puke) and took her to her bathroom to undress and bathe her. After undressing, and a brief wiping off of chunks, I placed her in her crib to go clean the mess up and start the bath. As soon as I got downstairs, I spied it.
The second grossest thing of the night. Sadie was on her two legs, stretching, tongue out to get all the juicy bits out of the corner of the high chair. I was repulsed. There was literally nothing to clean up, except what was left on the chair. This, more than the actual expulsion, made me want to be sick. She had literally licked it ALL up. It made me shudder. I cleaned up what was left, and went back up to administer the bath.
I called Darina to see if she'd eaten too much, something weird, or had been sick at all. No answer. I called mom to find out what to do. No answer. I was on my own. I panicked for a few seconds, then let me instincts take over. I actually made a conscious decision to do what I felt intuitively. Weird. I relaxed, noting that she seemed just fine, and tried my best to relax and comfort her.
Needless to say, my dinner, which was still sitting on the table untouched, did not get eaten. I threw it out, because I just was not hungry. Eventually both mom and Darina called back. Nothing odd from Darina, and mom suggested coke. It settles the belly. Put a bra on, and drove the two of us up to the gas station. I ran in quickly, and grabbed Taylor a small coke. At home, she attempted to drink some from a regular cup. She did wear a good bit of it, warranting a wardrobe change, but injested enough of it to make me feel a bit better.
She's in bed now, without a bottle tonight, and my only worry is that she'll throw up again and choke on it in her sleep. Because of my paranoia, I'll probably scoop her up to sleep in my bed tonight. Just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment