Monday, August 31, 2009

31Aug2009 - Day25

Ah, I feel better about myself actually writing the blog on the right day. So the Little Gym class was so awesome today! I think Taylor's favorite activity is to walk. She got in there and was off! She really just wanted to walk around the gym the entire time. I had a blast. I was wondering what they would do with small children just learning to walk, and they really did impress me with the different number of activities that they did. I was most proud when the balls came out. Taylor walked right over, grabbed a ball and immediately took it and put it in the basketball hoop. We don't even have one of those. Nor do we watch basketball. She's destined for greatness. Such a genius. After the Little Gym, Taylor was exhausted. We went to Safeway, and Sabrina and Delmo got some stuff and then back to their house we all went. We had omlettes, and strawberries. By this time, Taylor was ridiculous. So, I, also exhausted, went upstairs with her and we took a nap. It was almost 12:45 when we fell asleep, and I woke up before her at 3! She didn't wake up until like 3:15!!! We had a snack, and packed up to come home.
At home, I tried to give her some chicken and string cheese for dinner; but she shared most of it with Sadie. It was such a beautiful day today, and considering her long nap, I thought a trip across the street to the park was in order. It's great, because they have a small 2-5 year old section for little wubbas. We went and played for an hour or so. She loves the slides. They have one that is two slides next to each other, so she and I can both slide down and I can hold her hand. It was super cool. My plan must've worked, because she was crankston hughes when we got home and went to bed about a 1/2 hour earlier than normal. Poor sleepy mayter. I'm glad, though, that she got a bunch of outdoor and exercise time today.
I knew there'd be a bunch of other moms, their silently judging eyes at the park, so I brought a banana and water with me. I was content and thinking I was beyond reproach until I realized that I didn't bring wipes to wipe hands before eating the banana and faces afterwards. Oh, well. Alas, I am not perfect suburban mommy. Just as good, because I wouldn't want Taylor to have to try to live up to that. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment