Sunday, August 23, 2009

23Aug2009 - Day 17

Ah, the dreaded eve before a dentist appointment. Ugh. It's been awhile. I'm a little nervous; it's a new dentist. We'll see. I hate the dentist. Probably because my memories of being a kid with braces were traumatic. Dr. Brenner's office was pretty kid friendly. It was him that made me nervous. He was medium sized, and very tan skinned with dark hair. He was really nice, but he had extremely severe acne pits on his face. As a fourth grader, it was scary to sit there with your mouth open-totally vulnerable to this person maneuvering in your mouth- poking, scraping, pulling, stretching...UGH! I used to have to put super duper vaseline on my lips as soon as I left, because he stretched my mouth out so badly that my lips split. It was bad. And looking back, he did nothing wrong at any time. I was just scared.
Simba, on a side note, is in full-on sunggle mode with me. He's in my lap, purring away, even letting me kiss the top of his soft, furry head. He's a fantastic cat, when not peeing on the carpet or furniture.
Oh, today was stressful at first. I feel so bad, because as Taylor, Riley and I were leaving IHOP from breakfast; Adam called. And it was literally as I had Taylor by the hand (trying her best to be everywhere but where I needed her), her pack on my back, my purse on my arm and was trying to pay at the counter; while still holding Taylor. Oh, it was too much at once. So I tried to talk, ended up talking all the way to the car, into the car (Riley had to talk to him while I strapped Taylor in), and driving to the Farmers Market (which totally sucked). It was so frustrating. The timing couldn't have been worse, and the delay between when he talked to when I heard him was so frustrating. Oh, I hate phone calls like that. I feel bad for being annoyed, and can't talk to him to finish the actual conversation.
On a plus note, Sabrina has really cute red dress shoes that I can borrow for the cruise! Yay, not spending money!!!
Well, off to pour over food & wine and food everyday to get some ideas for dinners. I'm taking dinner to the Delmos tomorrow, and we'll probably stay the night. I need a few good cocktails and some unwinding. Single mommy is hard; fun; but hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment