Tuesday, August 25, 2009

26Aug2009 - Day 19

Today, Taylor drank from a glass for the first time by herself. No sippy top, no straw, just her two little hands wrapped around the glass and six little teeth clanging on the glass as she tried to eat the water from the glass at first. We spent the day at the Delmos, me recovering from my bottle of malibu last night, her just hangin' around doin with she does. I did leave to go get my hair done today, which made me feel about 3000% less stressed than I did beforehand. It always does. It feels good to take care of yourself and look good. I also weighed myself, and am at my pre-pregnancy weight! All my old jeans fit again! After my appointment, we napped and then ate leftover meatloaf, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese and green beans from last night's dinner. Taylor has developed a fondness for cottage cheese, which totally reminds me of being little at my Pop-Pop's house. He always had cottage cheese and it was always yummy. It's one of those things that I really like but it never sounds good. But now that I now she loves it, I will buy it and we can eat it because it's good for us.
I am looking forward to spending Sunday nights with the Delmos starting next week because of Taylor's classes at the Little Gym. We'll definitely video tape them. I can't wait for us all to share football season together, and really yummy dinners, and the dogs can all play. It will definitely be a bright spot in a usually dreary, long, tough week. It was so nice not to be the one to do every single thing Taylor needed. It's also nice to be able to hand Taylor her pj's and tell her "give to aunt sabrina" and have her walk over and give them to her to put on her. I was so excited and proud that she understood me.
There was one bump in the road last night, though. Bedtime. For the first time every, bedtime was really rough. I tried to put her down and she started screaming crying like I've never heard before. I tried the leave and let her cry it out technique. She didn't seem to settle at all, so I went back up and should have listened at the door before I walked in because as I walked in, I saw she had totally calmed down in the 1/2 a minute it took me to walk upstairs. So I layed her down, and told her night night but as I left the crying was worse than ever. I went downstairs and stayed until even Delmo said I should try again. I was gonna stay downstairs because I'd made it worse; but I went back up. I picked her up right away, and right away she calmed a bit. She was visibly exhausted, though. So I held her and rocked her and kissed and soflty talked her to sleep. Every time she fell asleep, I'd try to set her in the playpen and she'd start to cry. So I laid her on the bed and laid next to her. She fell into dreamland, so I barracaded her in with pillows and moved her after we'd eaten dinner. Poor little wubba. She was so uncomfortable. I felt terrible. I'll need to make sure to at least stick to familiar routine things with her while we are there until she is comfortable sleeping there. It does make me a bit nervous about the cruise; but I will do my best to make my wubba happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment