Saturday, August 15, 2009

15Aug2009 - Day 9

I wonder if, on day 364, I will be too excited that Adam is coming home to write a blog. Will I forget to write it because I am too busy hanging banners, printing out embarrassing t shirts, ironing Taylor's welcome-home-daddy-dress, or shaving my legs (lol)?
Today, Rylee and Taylor and I shopped all day. We went to BJ's for lunch, which was discounted and totalled $15 for the three of us (which Rylee bought, and I tipped). Then we spent 2 1/2 hours in Babies R Us. Can you imagine? And honestly, we barely spent any time in the clothes. (side note: concurrently looking on dsw.com while i write the blog...and i have the option to look at the pictures of the shoes in hd. really? seems a little ridiculous to me.) Anyway, it was great. As much as I miss Adam every single other moment of every other day, especially when Sadie is running around into the neighbors houses and things, shopping with Rylee has become the ultimate escape and indulgence. Never do either of us utter the words "are we done yet?" or "jesus, how long can you spend looking at bath toys?" or "i'll be across the street at best buy." We are true shoppers at heart. We treat it as it should be treated, as an art. We meticulously cover every inch of the store. Sometimes we are together, sometimes separate; but honestly, I have never met another woman that I truly feel so comfortable shopping with. Could it be possible to have a shopping soul friend? If so, we should don matching necklaces or whatever. And so, 9 hours later...we are leaving super mall (1/2 hour away from babies r us, we always seem to end up there). Even Taylor, with a few protests when she was hungry, is truly a shopping trooper. She sometimes is reachy mcgrabby with whatever is within her reach, but not most of the time. Sometimes we let her out to run around and walk a bit, carefully making sure no one stole her from us or that she got out of site. I think, though, that from now on I will bring food for Taylor. I can't take the hot dog on a stick or french fry thing any longer. I felt awful feeding her that crap. Even I didn't eat something that bad for me.
All this rapture, and I barely spent any actual money. We used Taylor's babies and toys r us gift cards there, and she got a popper to push around (which she thoroughly enjoyed testing in the store), a xylophone with the sticks (every kid needs both of those toys), little "neck wings" as they are called for her car seat; which are pillows that keep her from slumping over and looking like she has a broken neck when she falls asleep in the car, the cutest pair of boots that resemble uggs but don't cost ugggh prices, and a few other odds and ends. Then, at super mall, I had to return the adorable things mom and memeir got her for smaller sizes, and to be honest, I did possibly nab a few things I found a little more functional for our climate instead of some of their choices. I hated doing it the whole time, but I did it. They had gotten her some really cute overall type outfits, which I exchanged for outfits with more layers and hoods. Here in the winter it rarely gets cold enough to warrant a full on coat, but a fleece hoodie over a long sleeved shirt will suffice, and can be removed easily upon entering a warm car or house. Ahh, shopping.
I spent money, though, on a formal dress and cute little over-sweater for one of the formal nights on the cruise. It's a gorgeous gray dress with ivory polka dots and an ivory sweater. I plan on red shoes for her and I (my dress is black, ivory sweater) so that we coordinate for pictures. Ahh shopping! If only every day could be so relaxing and indulgent.

No comments:

Post a Comment