Sunday, August 9, 2009

10Aug2009-Day 3

Ugh, so tired today after a long weekend!
Got up around the usual time today, and I decided to take Sadie out first and then go to the Wubba, who was definitely awake and making a few quiet noises. When I got in, she had peed so much it was all over the sheet! Upon closer inspection, and diaper changing....let's just say it was a wonder someone so small could contain so much pee and poop. Poor baby! We basically hung around downstairs all morning. I puttered away doing little things like laundry, dishes, and playing on the internet looking at ralph lauren's baby clothes on their website. (They're having a pretty good sale.) Mid-afternoon I decide (after eating my french toast cupcake for breakfast) to make cupcakes, because I'm sure I can do it better than what I'd eaten. lol. Sabrina calls in the middle of all this to see if we wanted to go to the dog park.
Of course, I say, because poor Sadie has done nothing but lay around sleeping and eating since her precious daddy left. i swear, i really think she's depressed! So I finish baking off the cupcakes and take them out on the wire rack to cool, get the wubba dressed and myself presentable and off we go!
It was super rainy and yucky and chilly this morning; but by the time we arrived to the dog park around 3ish it was gorgeous! Sunny, and warm with a breeze. Others had caught on, and there were dogs everywhere. Cute ones too! We arrived before the Delmos and so we go in, Taylor in stroller; Sadie on leash. I unleash Sadie, and she immediately runs off to make new friends. So I take Taylor out in her new fancy walking shoes to walk around. As soon as I have her standing up, a very friendly young yellow lab comes clumsily bouncing over and plants huge kisses all over her knocking her over as he jumps, giant paws to her miniature chest, to plant even more kisses on her. Poor thing. She fell, but was more annoyed with the dirt on her hands than anything else. She didn't cry or even whimper. I was so proud when the other puppy moms commented on that. I explained her experience with Dash, the overzealous with kisses chocolate lab that was soon to arrive with Aunt Sabrina and Uncle Delmo. So, needless to say- all puppies want to kiss on babies. I carried her for awhile after that.
I did eventually put her down to walk; but it was definitely a challenge to her novice skills. Between the uneven terrain, the dirt, the muddy patches, and the large patches of rocks and stones, I think she spent more time getting back up than she did walking. Well. No that really isn't fair. She did fall a few times, but honestly- she did really well considering she's only been walking for a few weeks. She really is her mommy's daughter though, as she absolutely hated when her hands got dirty from bracing herself when falling. Again, I was very proud that she was like me. All I hear is how much she looks like her daddy, so any trait I can pass on, I will do so gladly. Even if it's my stubbornness. (which I think she decided to inherit at bedtime tonight)
After the dog park, we went to Safeway for some fresh veggies to make Kabobs at the Delmos house for dinner, and I needed a few provisions. I was starving, so I bought a yogurt smoothie thing and we saw a few different new "baby yogurts"! They were organic etc. One was banana sweet potato, and the other a variety with peach and pear. I bought both. Upon arrival to the Delmos, I gave Taylor one of the peach ones. You would have thought it was liquid sugar the way she lapped it up! I think if she could have dove into the container, she would have. She was trying to take a bite from the spoon I was feeding her with even when I was using it to get the remnants off of her chin. I have rarely, if ever, seen her so excited about food. After that, she ate 5 fresh strawberries. She is a hungry wubba for sure.
Her greatest performance of the day came at bedtime though. I didn't have the pack and play, so I was going to give her her night night bottle and then barricade her with pillows on the bed. But, this would require her to fall asleep before I left the room, because otherwise she would stand straight up on the bed and try to walk off of the edge. So all is looking great, because she is falling asleep while drinking her bottle. Unfortunately, it doesn't stick. I try EVERYTHING! Finally, after forty minutes of me hiding in corner from view, and rocking her, and pretending to be asleep myself, woman arrives. I give up and go eat dinner, only to have her frolicking about grabbing at everything, not sitting still, standing on the couch and trying to walk off of the edge, eating bits but then spitting them out everywhere, laying down then getting up! Ugh. She was nonstop fighting this sleeping business.
Finally, Delmo finished eating and took her into his lap, like how he holds her when it's football sunday. Halleluyah! I finished eating, and then we came home. Of course, she fell asleep in the car and was so out that I was able to carry her up to her bed undisturbed.
Talking about her sleeping has made me sleepy. Except I have one last thing. I texted the Delmos to tell them about my blog, and delmo says "we were with you all day, why do we need an update?" lol. funny. jerk! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment