Thursday, August 13, 2009

13Aug2009 - Day 7

And then there was rain....
If today was August, it sure felt just like October. Sixty degrees and raining. It was annoying, just because I didn't want summer to end just yet; but comforting because, well, it always rains here.
Talked to Adam this morning for the first time in a few days. Ahhh, it felt so good. It was like a big weight off of my shoulders just to talk to him. I mean, we only talked for like ten minutes; but they were definitely the best ten minutes of my day. I haven't been totally honest, with myself or on this blog, but it was a really rough first week. The weekend was fantastic, because I was so busy and possibly slightly exciting because it was like "yay girl time!" and I was in charge and had no one to worry about other than me and Taylor (who was with me). Then reality hit, and I realized this week that I had no one to worry about other than me and Taylor. =(
I miss all the text messages throughout the day. Even if there wasn't always a reply, I enjoyed updating adam about my day and being able to tell him all the stuff I found funny that I knew no one else would appreciate. I am eating food from work for the most part, which is disgustingly bad for me. I knew I would for awhile, but it has to end soon.
Work was soooo annoying. Our regional was there, with his boss so the managers were freaking out all day. There were all the secret manager conversations everywhere, and as always, it seems like when the big guys are there- everyone screws up. Servers were ringing things in wrong, the kitchen was making it all wrong, tables weren't being greeted, computer errors left and right...and there's me who totally screwed up too! I am the earliest person there, I arrive at ten to set up. So if there are to-go orders that are called in before eleven (when the to-go person arrives) I ring them in. One of our togo regulars is Rachel. She's super nice and always orders for her office and the tab is usually $200 something. On top of that, she tips really well. 30-40 dollars each time. I help her take it to the car, and always make sure it's ready as soon as she arrives. Well, today she ordered a party pack which includes like a full sheet pan of three different salads. I've never sold one of these to her, so I assumed dressing was in the salad as it is when people order it here. (plus, it looked like it was). Well, it wasn't and so Annette had to leave and go take her the dressings. UGH!
I felt so bad, because I so should have caught that. Well, I am human after all. Usually perfect, but alas. Not always.
Take notes, that may be the last time I say that. lol
Taylor was adorable at Darina's when I arrived. Eating nectarines. Darina had made her fresh squeezed juice with like ten different fruits today. She's so good to her; it makes me really happy that Taylor can have someone like that when I'm not around. It really takes a bit of stress out of things to know that I don't have to worry about her because Darina and even her kids (which are older kids) treat Taylor so well. They just love her. You can see it in the kids' eyes. It's definitely reciprocated, too. Taylor loves them and thoroughly enjoys being there.
She has new words today, too. She says bye bye. Over and over! It's adorable. When we left the commissary, I tried to get her to say it to the older asian ladies that do the bagging and she just stared at them. As soon as we were out of earshot, however, "bye bye!" lol. Of course.
I told her "bye bye" at home and she walked to the front door. It's amazing how quickly they learn. Everything is also "baby." Everyone and everything. Anything that looks like it might be for a baby is "baby!". Like the hooded towels with animals on them that she saw today, or Sadie (who is no longer puppa). And not only that, but she must kiss them all. I love that, though.
Football preseason started today. Go ravens! We beat miami like twenty something to single digits something. (27-9, I just checked). Michael Vick got picked up on a 3 year contract with Philly. Unbelievable. Pete Rose was banned from baseball for his illegal actions. Granted Vick wasn't fighting linebackers like Pete was betting on baseball; but what he did was truly dispicable. He should never be allowed to be in a position of being a role model for children EVER again. Or make the 12 million for the first year and 5 for the next that he's going to make. All of that should be made to be donated to saving dogs and cats or something. Delmo is hilarious already. He totally goes from a 2 to a 10 on the scale of enthusiasm, happiness, excitment, and fun when football starts. He hasn't text me in days; yet today I've been updated on football all night. Love it. Makes me laugh, but it's nice to get the texts. Plus, he's like my sports pages during the season. Didn't see the game? Delmo will update me. lol
Speaking of which, I just got two new texts. I'm sure it's Delmo.
Well, back to online shoe shopping for me. Can't wait to see how tomorrow goes with Delmo and Sabrina and Taylorsitting.
Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment