Saturday, August 22, 2009

22Aug2009 - Day 16

OMG. Something happened today that I only dream about. Godiva gave me free chocolate. All I had to do was sign over my soul, release all my credit cards into their control, and promise my 2nd born male. LOL Really, I joined some rewards club that gives you a free piece of chocolate each month. Oh, sweet perfection. So the mint chocolate truffle that I was about to pay $3 for was FREE!!!
It was really the best part of the shopping day today. I did also find Taylor formal shoes for the cruise. I've given up on the "both of us will wear red shoes" thing, and she'll be wearing pink. I still want red, but am having a difficult time finding a pair that really speak to me that aren't like $400. Every single pair that I like online, at least several hundred. One pair was even like $1,200. I'll just have to win the mega millions 252 million.
Tomorrow, Rylee and I are continuing our chickmance or girlmance and going to IHOP for breakfast because I saw a commercial for their new hawaiian pancakes and must go! Then we're off the the Puyallup Farmers Market, and then to Supermall. Banana Macadamia Nut pancakes- here I come! I've decided that the coat I bought for Taylor isn't really adequate. It's cute, but not waterproof, and let's face it. It rains every day here in the winter, and in Alaska, it will likely be raining the ENTIRE time we're there. So, a better and hopefully, not less cute jacket is in order.
Speaking of cute, two separate people today mistook my beautiful girl for a little boy. Yes, she had sky blue CAPRIS on. (boys don't wear those) and her shirt was white with a blue and green pattern, but it was flowers! And the sleeves were puffy and feminine! And she was wearing pink and purple tennis shoes and in a hot pink stroller!!! WTF. Obviously, not a boy. Poor girl. She just needs a touch more hair, or to wear one of the new barrettes I bought for her today. How insulting for them to assume she was a boy because she wasn't in pink. The poor girl. Good thing she has no idea what they were saying.
So, the Marc Ecko store in the Southcenter Mall has a DJ playing all the time in the window, and it's like techno/hip-hoppy. I'm walking Taylor around while Rylee is in Bare Escentuals getting made over and watching the stroller, and we walk by this store. Taylor stops, and starts to dance. It's so funny, I can't keep from laughing out loud at how cute it was for her to just be standing in the middle of a crowded mall walkway dancing to techno, as people just walked on by. She was so cute. If only we could all still be so blissfully unconcerned with what anyone else thought of us. If only we could all just stop and dance when we heard music we liked. If only we didn't care where that was, or who was watching, or if we were even good at it. She was inspired to move and so she moved. And she enjoyed every second of it. So I may have danced a touch with her. And I thoroughly enjoyed it, too. I know, though, that I would not have had the courage to do it by myself. Having her there dancing was totally an easy explanation of my behavior.
On a less impressive note, she also licked her shoes today in the car. And she thoroughly enjoyed that, too.
Oh, and she ate bits of her non-toxic crayons at dinner. Those, she did not enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment