Wednesday, November 11, 2009

9Nov2009 - Day 94

Monday, busy Monday.
Woke up, at home, got Taylor, myself and Sadie together and in the car to go to the little gym. Drove to Sabrina's, picked up Sabrina, dropped off Sadie, went to the little gym class where Taylor asserted her independence by pretty much doing her own thing and exploring the gym all class long (except when the balls and bubbles came out, of course), left the little gym, went to Sabrina's, picked up all three dogs...(insert sound of wheels screeching to a halt here)
yes. all. 3. dogs. We got Scruffy, the little miniature one; Dash, the ridiculously large choco lab (with a tongue that doesn't quit kissing everyone in sight. all the time. he can get Taylor's whole head in one swipe. It's super gross.), and Sadie, the medium sized one that can't sit still to save her life. Oh, plus, Taylor in her giant carseat in the middle of the backseat, and Sabrina and I in the front. It was quite a sight. We laughed, a lot during that ride. It was musical dogs, and kisses and yelling and protecting the chips that Taylor had in her hand from being taken. We stopped for coffee for Sabrina and the coffee shack girl gave all the dogs treats. I think I could see her trying not to laugh at the debacle in my car. I'm sure we were a story for the rest of the day after we left.
We went to base, to the hospital for Taylor's follow up doctor's appointment. Sabrina dropped Taylor and I at the door, so we didn't run late; and parked the car and walked Dash. (He has a bladder like an eighty year old man.) She joined us in the waiting room, with another funny story. As she opened the door, in the very busy parking lot, Dash came bounding out of the car and into one of the islands full of vegetation and ivy. He ran back and forth through it all, in the rain, to the point where the cars stopped around it because they thought he'd run into them. Poor Sabrina had to chase him. The doctor's appointment went well.
The doctor said that the pink eye was most likely viral, which is more common than bacterial. She said that was also probably why it came back. She said that it will just have to run its course, really. The body will fight it off, with the help of the goo. ugh. Not exactly music to my ears. More goopy eye boogers, Great.
We left and took Taylor to Darina's, chatting with her for a bit because I had to fill out some paperwork. Afterwards, in the dreary, not exactly raining but bitter cold and windy weather, Sabrina and I walked the airfield. That means, we took all three of our crazy dogs on a paved path that is 4.3 miles around a giant airfield on base. The rain held off until the last 1/3 of our walk; and then the wind drove sharp drops of liquid ice into our faces and hair. It was frigid for about thirty minutes. Two hours it took us to walk, and then we left to pick Taylor up again because the Delmos were watching her while I went to the beer dinner at work tonight.
We got Taylor, and were off back to the Delmos. I dropped the crew off, and it was 4:30 so I had to leave quickly to go home and get ready for the dinner before I hit crazy traffic. Simba greeted me happily, as I let him out of his bathroom prison. I got ready excitedly. I love beer dinner night.
It's a great time with girls from work, and we get to sit and have beer and be served an awesome dinner and just enjoy ourselves. I love it, and it's always fun. I must say, I looked pretty good and made it to the restaurant just early enough to chat up the regulars at the bar that I recognized. The dinner went great. At our table were Alicia, myself, Caitlin, Chassey, Shelby, Drew and her boyfriend and....drumroll, please...Andy, our new GM. I must admit that I was a little nervous when he sat down. His presence meant that we had to be careful about what we said, and we didn't know him too well and so that was a touch new and awkward. Quickly, though, my apprehension faded and he reminded me of other people I had met in Colorado (where he is from). He seems like a truly nice guy, and was easy to talk to and seemed to enjoy hanging with us. We didn't probably get as unruly as we would have, as the beer flowed; but we had a great time.
Afterwards, we sat in the cocktail area and finished our beer and then I went to the Delmos for the night. I got there, and Delmo was in bed (as is the new routine, with his new job and getting up early) and so Sabrina and I proceeded to dive headfirst, without any sort of lifevest into the tequila bottle. Now, anyone that knows me, knows I hate tequila. We are not and have never been friends. This night, or the next morning rather; was no exception.
I proceeded to drink...way...too much. I am sure there were emotional moments with me hugging her and telling her what an amazing friend she is, some tears about god knows what. The night ended as many shot-for-shot-with-Sabrina nights do - with her helping me get undressed and into bed. It's really quite embarrassing how many times this woman has undressed me for bed. (insert comment from adam with regards to trying to get us to kiss.)(sorry, baby, no such luck.)lol

No comments:

Post a Comment