Wednesday, November 11, 2009

11Nov2009 - Day 96

Veteran's Day! Today, Darina was closed, so I got up feeling like myself again and got ready to take Taylor over to the Delmos. Sabrina is off on Wednesday, and Delmo was off for the holiday. Today, a lot of restaurants, Famous Dave's, Applebee's and of course, BJ's are doing a promo for vets or people with military ID. Free meal, with ID. Ours was to select anything from our lunch special menu. I knew, even before this promo was announced only yesterday, that we'd be busy; because we are always busy on holidays and anytime the bases are closed. I was prepared.
We were butt kicking busy, and the managers and cocktail servers were phenomenal with their help when I needed it. I made great money, enjoyed my guests and didn't have too many snafus.
I went to go get Taylor, and the Delmos were in Puyallup, so I met them at the Applebee's there. We were going to have dinner until we saw the ridiculous wait in the lobby and outside the restaurant. Someone said the wait for their party of 3 was an hour, so we decided to go inside the mall to the food court. I got a quizno's sub and a hot dog for Taylor. She was more interested in running around after eating very little, but we still had fun.
She had a good day with Aunt Sabrina and del mo mo (as she calls him). Usually, just mo mo. She still isn't sure she can say Sabrina, so she declines politely and refers to the pair of them as mo mo. She'll get it, and I think she's close when she sometimes calls her na na. Afterwards, I thought it best to drive home to rescue Sadie and Simba from their prisons, then to go to Macy's to look at boots with Sabrina. I knew if I went, I would want to try on, and then want to buy; but can't buy...plus, the animals.
It's nice to be home and relax a bit, after an extremely hectic few days. With big travelling coming up for Thanksgiving, these few days of quiet time at home will be truly cherished.

No comments:

Post a Comment