Wednesday, November 11, 2009

10Nov2009 - Day 95

The next morning's alarm arrived all too soon. I was jarred awake by my cell phone alarm, which is entirely too annoying. It woke Taylor up, too, and Sadie and any hope of a snooze was all but gone. My head was pounding almost as loud as the alarm, my eyes sealed shut by last night's mascara, and my mouth and throat beyond dry. I sat up, and tried to get the day started; my head pulsed so badly - I swear it was visible from the outside.
Awash in shame over my tequila decision, I changed one of the grossest poopy diapers ever dressed an always chipper and excited Taylor, and proceeded to the bathroom to unglue my eyes and brush the sweaters off of my teeth. Having to stop several times, and sit down from nausea and exhaustion; we finally made it downstairs.
I didn't brush my hair, just threw it in a ponytail while I washed my face; and there it remained. I did manage to get a bit of makeup on. We proceeded outside, in the freezing cold, to the car to go to Miss Darina's. I dropped Taylor off, and spent the drive to work trying not to fall asleep. It was a nightmare. I was so mad at myself. Mother's don't do this. Not good, responsible ones, anyway. Was I a bad mommy? Did I not deserve my beautiful angel baby? I hate beer/tequila hangovers. They're always the depressing ones.
I arrived to work an hour early. I'd left early because I didn't know how long it would take me to drive from the Delmos to Darinas to work. I immediately parked, turned up the heat, locked the doors, reset my alarm, reclined the seat and I was out. Forty five minutes later, Amelia was knocking on my passenger window dangling the camera I'd left at her house on Halloween. If ever something intangible like time could be magic, it was today. Those forty five minutes were magic. I felt so much better, and could at least keep my eyes open. I did have sleep lines on my face, but those would fade before I had to face the beer and tequila awaiting public.
I felt like kind of a hot mess, but my hair didn't look as bad as I thought; it was actually pretty good. I did have a brush in my purse, just in case. Thank goodness I'd napped, because it was busy today. And of course, there were tequila shots ordered. I managed to sufficiently hide my urge to wretch at the smell of it, and made it through the day relatively unscathed.
Sabrina had picked up Taylor, because Darina had a parent teacher conference for her daughter at two. I picked up Delmo at the fairgrounds in Puyallup, stopped at Walmart so he could run in and by Up on DVD and then we went to their house. He'd bought Sabrina and I flowers, and they were beautiful. I brought them home and they're on the counter in a vase. It was really sweet of him.
We had dinner there- homemade parmesan crusted chicken and spaghetti bolognese. Feeding my hangover was wonderful, and we slowly packed up and got ready to come home. Back home, there was a sense of relief that the hectic, horrid hangover day was over. I could not wait to crawl into bed. As soon as Taylor was safely in her crib, and things were prepared for the next morning, crawl into bed is exactly what I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment