Wednesday, November 18, 2009

15Nov2009 - Day 100

I think it's pretty obvious which days I go back and fill in from my broken and spotty memory; because the blogs are super short and have few details or introspections. I can't remember what day it was that Dana called me; I think it was thursday. But, she'd gotten a really horrible haircut; which I saw from the picture of it that she sent me. It was a mullet. I recommended a salon, and stylist that I had gone to for a long time when I lived in Maryland. I didn't think she would take my advice, because what little sister does? Well, she did! I was shocked and excited and honestly, it made me feel so good that she went there and had a great experience and that they fixed her hair and made her happy. It isn't often that you can help someone and they truly are happy with your help. It isn't even often that people willingly accept help. As a mom whose husband is frequently away, and sometimes for long periods of time; I have learned to ask for help and to accept help when it's offered. I think that I can do it myself, but I really can't. No one can. There has to be some sort of support system. There has to be someone you can call. And thankfully, I have people. It just really made me feel good to be Dana's person when she needed me. It's nice to be able to return the help karma. Off to the Delmos for cocktails and girl talk with Sabrina.

No comments:

Post a Comment