Wednesday, December 9, 2009

9Dec2009 - Day 124

Today was the day after the memorial at the Tacoma Dome. We were super slow at work yesterday because of the memorial, kind of the opposite of what the managers thought we would be. But, I knew today would be different. And it was. We were slammin' busy. It was great. I now remember why I like bartending, and why I was so looking forward to December. It's great to be right next to the mall, too. Not for my own personal shopping, (which is funny because I rarely ever shop at this mall), but for the convenience of weary (mostly men) shoppers in need of a shot. I had two guys that were shopping today. They were sitting at the bar five minutes before we even opened, and ordered....two shots of peppermint schnappes. LOL. Two guys ordering schnappes? Hilarious. But the fact that they ordered peppermint to what? Put them in the shopping mood? Who knows why, but it amused me. Then they left and went shopping and came back for more schnappes and lunch later on. Funny thing is, they are not the only guys this week that have spent, what I would consider, valuable shopping time sitting at my bar. Most come out with as many bags as I do in a seven hour stint, which amazes me. Either way, I'm glad they chose my bar to sit and pretend to their wives that they are really shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment