Tuesday, December 15, 2009

14Dec2009 - Day 129

Oh, heavenly snow day! I woke up, to icy streets and half covered in ice/snow grass. I checked online for the Little Gym number and called. Happily greeted by a message that explained that the gym was opening two hours late, like the Puyallup school district, I cheered for not having to rush to get there. While Taylor puttered around, eating breakfast, throwing toys about the entire downstairs and occasionally checking in on Disney Playhouse on TV, I coveted the extra time for wrapping presents that must be sent to Maryland.
Gift cards, next year. I swear it!
We scooped up Sabrina, grabbed her a coffee at the stand near their house - as per our usual Monday morning M.O. At the Little Gym, we walked in to a lobby of children that looked just a little bit too old to be in Taylor's birdies class. The instructor we usually had looked up from the desk and informed us that two hours late meant that they started with the class that began two hours late. Oh, well. I really found the message unclear on that. To my ease of mind, there was another girl and her parents that came as well. At least I wasn't the only idiot. We attended the beasties class and it was great. The kids were 2ish and full of energy, bounding from one thing to another, listening and understanding the instructor, jumping and running. It was cool. Taylor loved the energy level. They pulled out this huge inflatable thing, and all the kids piled on top with the instructor. Taylor spent her time running as fast as she could until she fell on her face, giggling, and then doing it all over again. The best part was when the instructor had all the kids jump. Oh, hilariosity! Of course, Taylor can't jump yet. But did that stop her? No way, Jose!
Her entire body jumped, except her feet. She looked more like a headbanger, baby mullet flying around behind her head as her arms flailed futilely and her body dipped and and rose with such intensity it looked as though her feet might just leave the ground. Alas, no. They did not.
Sabrina and I were laughing so hard, we almost cried. (Later, at the Delmos we got some of these antics on video, but the fervor wasn't quite as intense as the Little Gym.)
That night, we had dinner at the Delmos with Mom Delmo and her Rick. She loved Taylor, and had a great time. After dinner, due to a shorter than usual nap, Taylor was super duper cranky. No one would do but mommy, which was to the disdain of Aunt Sabrina and Uncle Delmo. Sabrina thought it was spoiling her to give in to her request for me "every time." LOL. I don't get angry when she reacts with intolerance to Taylor's behavior, I just hope that they read and learn about child development before they have a little cranky pants 17 month old of their own. I don't believe that by granting her request to cuddle with me when she's exhausted, I am spoiling her. If she were very clingy, antisocial or scared regularly, I'd be concerned. But, she isn't. Sometimes, you just need your momma.

No comments:

Post a Comment