Saturday, December 12, 2009

12Dec2009 - Day 127

Oh, my aching, pounding headache...I don't know what it's from; but it's been plaguing me since...the Imagination Movers concert. lol. I have to say that there were definitely a few things I hadn't counted on in regards to the concert. One: It was really really loud. At the beginning, it really scared Taylor and she cried when there were even louder, abrupt noises. It took quite awhile for her to enjoy the noise. Two: She didn't really get it. I don't know if she was a touch to young to put together that these extremely loud people were the same ones that she danced to at home.
With all the noise, and the lights and people; she did spend most of the concert with fingers in mouth and sitting on my lap. It was only when I discovered that she could sit next to me on the aisle step and really bop and have fun, that she started having fun. She really got into it, and scooched her way over to the girl (about 7? at most) across the aisle to cozy up next to her and make friends and dance.
I definitely had a blast, and would totally do it again; especially since it seems the prime age was 3-6 as far as the enjoyment level of the other kids I saw. There were lots of children that were Taylor's age; most of them equally as distraught at the beginning as she was. On a plus note, I got a parking space on the very corner that the theater was on and the machine was broken that was supposed to take our money to pay, so I parked for free. As we were leaving, however, there was a guy walking around ticketing cars. But I hightailed it out of there as quickly as possible.
After the concert, we went to eat at Panera and hit up the Nordy's Rack and Kohl's at Southcenter. Panera went well, and Taylor was famished from all the chaos and crazy dancing in the aisle, so she ate her mac and cheese without hesitation. Nordy's had nothing we were looking for, so then we headed to Kohl's. As we were walking in, I in my heeled-over-the-skinny-jeans-boots, carrying Taylor and her backpack diaper bag, attempted to quickly scurry over one of the parking lot "islands" and failed. I was holding her, and as I stepped down to the pavement to cross over to the store's entrance, I fell. I didn't fall quickly, or easily, or painlessly, or gracefully. I fell in slow motion, as my ankle gave out and left knee hit first, attempting not to drop Taylor in the middle of the road, fighting the whole way down not to actually fall down. But no. She was fine, but I fell on both knees, and the backpack went flying. It was awful. And it hurt. There was a car coming, and saw me fall. All I got was an impatient "go ahead" wave. What a douche. Humiliated, I hobbled into the store with my left knee more than aching. Upon further inspection at home later, I discovered a huge gash on it and some blood on the inside of my almost ripped apart at the knee jeans. What a spill! Inside, and on a mission to buy shoes that didn't make me bite it (which I found none), we made our way to the baby section. Jumping beans, a brand carried only by Kohl's, was on sale. They are super cheap ($4.99 per piece) and are a huge section of interchangable leggings, jeans, tops, and fleeces. I love it. It's the perfect stuff to send her to daycare in. She is growing out of all of her 12 month clothes, so she was in need of some new pants. Satisfied with our purchases, and having difficulty walking; we left and proceeded to Target. A few undisclosable-on-the-blog gifts later, and scalding bottle in hand (thank you Starbucks for the hot water), we sat in the car in the Target parking lot for awhile while the bottle cooled. I opened it up, and held my hand out of the window. 38 degrees outside took about ten minutes to get the bottle to drinkable temp before we headed home.
I feel like today was about learning. I learned not to wear heeled boots for shopping. I learned that Taylor is a little too young for some things, and to relax and enjoy the age that she is. I learned that I am too old for such loud concerts. Lastly, I learned that grand marnier is a great headache taker-away-er. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment