Tuesday, December 15, 2009

13Dec2009 - Day 128

Sunday. Went to lunch with Rylee, which was awesome! We missed her yesterday on our Rylee day. Taylor wasn't on her best behavior, but also not her worst. Afterwards, we went home for naptime and then as Taylor was waking up and we were getting ready to get into the car for the commissary...it started to snow!
She saw snow last year, but obviously, not really. This was the first time she'd seen it. It was super adorable because she seemed really fascinated for a few moments by the huge fat flakes slowly drifting down to the ground and then proclaimed, "Bubbles!" Love it!
I taught her how to catch them in her mouth, which I think she really didn't get, but liked to stick out her tongue. We saught refuge from the deluge of flakes in the car, and off to the commissary we went.
It was packed, as usual. But, we managed to get all the baking needs on our list and made our way to checkout. As per her usual proclamations, everything in the produce section was an "apple" and the rest of everything in the store was "mine." She is really turning into quite a proclaimer. Everything. Is. Taylor's. (In case you weren't sure, I thought I should clarify.)
It was still snowing when we emerged from the commissary, and I drove us home enjoying the flakes seemingly flying sideways at warp speed into the windshield.
At home, it was a flurry of baking and cranky baby insisting on being involved in every single step of the process. Needless to say, the kitchen ended up quite trashed and a few cookies made their way into greedy toddler hands and then mostly Sadie's mouth.
I had Taylor standing on a chair to help me, which seemed to go well until I had to move about the kitchen. She'd fuss if I didn't drag the chair and bring her along with me. It was great except for the dishes part. Hands sticking into the sink, pulling things out. Oh, toddler child. How I long for the day when you sat in your bouncy chair watching me contentedly from the counter, no idea that you could reach out and grab anything...
I ended up cleaning up, and working on laundry until 1 in the morning. Oh, holidays. How I long for the day when I was so young and they just seemed to make themselves happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment