Saturday, October 10, 2009

9Oct2009 - Day 63

If today had a title, it would be bittersweet. And I'm talking chocolate, not lemons with sugar sprinkled on them. Chocolate is generally pleasurable, even the bittersweet kind. Lemons with sugar, mostly sour. Now that I've clarified that my day was mostly sweet...
At work I got a really great shopper's report...perfect except for manager presence (which is totally not reflective of me). That would be my second perfect shop. Hold the applause....while I am apparently great with the guests...today I had difficulty counting. Somehow, my drawer was exactly $20 short. Obviously, I made some mistake somewhere. So, because it was so much, I was written up. I get it. I wasn't happy, but I understood. I think I was more upset than the managers. I hate that I made a mistake like that.
But, I know I won't do it again, so I'm not too worried. On another good note, it was the first pretty busy day in a really long time. So I made really good money, compared to the rest of the last few weeks.
This is good, because I think Adam and I totally overestimated how much we'll be able to save this deployment. I've gone into super saver mode. I want to be able to save as much as possible; but our bills are much higher than last deployment, and I am not making near as much as I was then, either. We'll do our best. I've devised a new system for things that I need/want money for that isn't a bill. I created envelopes, and every day I put some cash from my tips into it. I also do the same for two different savings. Then it gets used, or deposited into savings. I've found that this is stopping me from spending any of it. It's all spoken for. Carpet cleaners coming, envelope. Get my hair done? Envelope. Want to buy __? Envelope. When it's full, I can do it. Let's just hope I can discipline myself enough. I think I will, though, because I really want to have savings and cruise money more than I want to buy new sweaters, and curtains. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment