Tuesday, January 26, 2010

26Jan2010

So Adam has gotten his leave dates, and they are.....so soon! I'm really excited and also really nervous. I feel like I have really put a lot of effort into building myself up and being self-sufficient and independent and it's been tough. So I'm scared that I will go off the deep end of neediness or worse, need nothing. I'm sure it won't be so bad, but I know having him leave again will be. Especially when he meets Taylor all over again. She's totally different than when he left. She can communicate just about everything that she needs or wants, verbally or by also pointing and attempting to verbalize.
She cracks me up because she likes to sing...like her mommy I might add. She sings the clean-up song, but only gets "everybody" out; which totally sounds like apeebobee. It's hilarious and so cute. She sings itsy bitsy spider, but only "out come sun". She is obsessed with the moon and looks for it constantly. Today, she had miso soup for the first time and loved it. She was even attempting, somewhat successfully (if like 1cc of soup per spoonful is successful) to feed herself the broth. She wasn't a fan of the tofu bits in the soup, but who is really?
Something that did shock me...she had no clue that I dyed my hair. She had a total non-reaction. Nothing. I expected tears, screaming and running away scared. Nope. She had no clue. I still get surprised by the mirror, but she carried on as though nothing had changed. I guess that's better, but still I was almost like "hey!" like she should have noticed. lol
She's also recently found her j-eye-na (as we call it) and insists on grabbing it and pulling on it every time I change her diaper. But she's so rough, as though it's itchy. It makes me nervous like she's going to hurt it! She points to it and says "hot". The humor just reaches so many different levels on that, that I don't even know which joke to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment