Thursday, January 14, 2010

14Jan2010

So, after Susan told me that she was reading and catching up on my blog, I thought I'd better keep it up. I stopped because of the holiday craziness and also because I didn't really think anyone was reading it.
After putting Taylor to bed tonight, I went looking through my pictures in order to find a specific one of me that I liked my hair in (to show the stylist). Wow, what a long strange trip it truly has been. I found a "scrapbook" of pictures that included sections entitled "gratuitous alcohol shots" "hfstival 1999" "rob's keg party august 14, 1999" wow. It was amazing to look back on where I've been, who I've been with, and how skinny Sabrina really was. Damn, woman. She looks better now, though.
Anyway, for the first time tonight, too, the nostalgia didn't fill me with feelings of wishing I could be young again. I thought, wow, what idiots we all were. Running in and around, through each other's lives with wreckless abandon and little thought about each other at all. I found pictures of myself with people I don't remember the names of, people I don't want to remember the names of, and people that I truly wonder what they are upto now.
Well, if I'm to make any more new memories to be embarrassed of, I'd better get on with things. Goodnight, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment