Friday, February 5, 2010

5Feb2010

So the eve of the day of return is upon me. Adam has been sans communique since Mondayish when he was leaving Iraq the next day. Finally today, I get a text from his email. He's in Germany and expected to land in Dallas tonight. He'll be in Seattle tomorrow.
As the day has drawn closer, but still remained unclear it's been a weird anticipation. I didn't know when he was coming until today. And now, the butterflies have arrived. I got the text just as Taylor and I were walking into Costco. As we entered, I read the text and wanted to shout it out loud for the whole (extremely packed pre-superbowl) crowd. There was one woman standing near as I overzealously told Taylor that Daddy was coming home tomorrow and that Mommy wanted to cry. (Side note: Does it say something about socialization that I automatically capitalized Daddy, and had to backspace to capitalize Mommy?) Needless to say, the trip to Costco was pretty great. In fact, the whole day since then has been pretty good. It's 9pm now, and in less than 24 hours he will be here.
I'm super nervous. And super excited. Taylor has grown and changed so much; I can't wait for her to fall in love with her daddy and spend the next two weeks wrapping him tightly around her little finger. My head is swimming, and I know there are things I wanted to do, but didn't. But, right now I can't think of them. Right now, I plan on having a cocktail and enjoying CSI. Right now, I need to calm down because I am sure my resting heart rate is at least 349.

No comments:

Post a Comment